Thursday, July 14, 2011

Anabolic Lifestyle: Time Restraints

Time Restraints

    I personally have found time restraints to big one of the most challenging elements in my life.  Right now I'm working on losing weight and spend upwards of 13 1/2 hours a week exercising.  This doesn't include the 1 to 2 hours a day of food prep and training prep.  In essence, fat loss is taking up aproximatley 28 hours of my time each week.  I also work over 40 hours a week and have a wife and daughter whom I both cherish. 

    It's laughable that so many people complain they don't have enough time to eat right or exercise.  Obviously I don't have a problem putting the time in to accomplish said goal, but I do have a tendancy to shut down on other aspects of my life.  I tend to put less effort in to day to day duties (helping around the house, yard work, etc.) and I tend to put forth less effort in my relationships.  One word explains this: UNACCEPTABLE!  Yes, unacceptable is the perfect word.  It doesn't matter what your goals are if you don't continue to nourture the relationships with your loved ones. 

1 Timothy 5:8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Spending time with your family, whether it be talking, playing, teaching, relaxing, and or praying are all important aspects of providing for your family.  They don't just need clothes on their backs, food to eat and a roof over their head.  They need your love, time and commitment.

    Taking the time to meditate on your priorities and see where your energy is being spent is of utmost importantance for the husband, father and spiritual leader of the family.  I fall short often and must remind myself of the order for which my priorities should be.

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

I strive to be the best follower of Christ, husband, father, son, friend and employee I can be.  Don't let the frivilaties of life suck you in.  TV doesn't matter!  The internet doesn't matter!  Parties don't matter!  Getting drunk is stupid!  Drugs are stupid!  Gambling is stupid!  Playing games is not important!  Anything that pulls you away from time spent with your family is stupid!  Even focusing on losing weight right now for me is stupid if it pulls me away from my family!  Stop, meditate on your priorites and get them straight.  You will have a better and more enjoyable life while serving God!

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment